3AW wanted a campaign to reflect its connection to this city. So we asked the on-air personalities to highlight the places in Melbourne that meant the most to them. We then captured them in these iconic locations.
Melbourne’s Own out-of-home – Ross and John
Melbourne’s Own out-of-home – Neil Mitchell
Melbourne’s Own out-of-home – Tom Elliott
Melbourne’s Own out-of-home – Facebook
To activate online, 3AW’s growing social audience is invited to show us their own Melbourne.
Voice of Melbourne
The 3AW microphone flag is almost ubiquitous. It’s seen at times of crisis and celebration. So what better way to reinforce 3AW’s unique role in Melbourne than to beautifully juxtapose it with some other well-known icons?
Voice of Melbourne – MCG, Exhibition Building, Luna Park and Skipping Girl
3AW – On The Spot
This was a co-promotion between two of our clients: 3AW wanted to attract a bigger, younger social audience to its footy finals broadcasts. Sportsbet needed fresh, live content and celebrity power.
We created a single idea to address both challenges. Every week of the finals, Sportsbet directed its entire social audience to 3AW’s live, exclusive broadcasts on the Periscope app. Stars like Matthew Lloyd and Tony Shaw then answered the probing questions that the Sportsbet fans put to them.
On the spot – On air
On the spot – Facebook
On the spot – Print media
What 3AW got:
– a convincing win in the ratings during the footy finals.
– exposure and reach to almost 100,000 Sportsbet Facebook followers and 300,000 of their newsletter subscribers, with hundreds joining the Periscope broadcasts
– a huge increase in Facebook followers
– engagement with a younger, footy hungry and socially savvy audience, outside of their core demographic
What Sportsbet got:
– outstanding content, footy celebs and the opportunity to reward their followers
– a new suite of Periscope subscribers for ongoing comms and future broadcast opportunities.